He emphasized the importance of careful driving.
The teacher emphasized the importance of speaking English every day.
Mr. Thompson was at pains to emphasize that he was threatening nobody.汤普森先生着重强调他不是在威胁任何人。
1. I tried to emphasize my good points without sounding boastful.
2. The story was used to emphasize the humanity of Jesus.
3. Economists emphasize measurable quantities — the number of jobs, the per capita income.
4. A small dram of whisky may be prescribed by doctors for those over 60 to help them sleep. It is vital though to emphasize that "small" is the operative word.
5. You should also include some carnations to emphasize your underlying meaning. "
6. He flourished the glass to emphasize the point.