He is a suspicious character.
A man was hanging about the house in a suspicious manner.
The rabbit is timid and suspicious.
These words showed that Amelia was suspicious.
S+be+～+ prep. -phrase
I'm very suspicious about his motives.
The police are suspicious of his alibi because he already has a record.
1. He reported that two suspicious-looking characters had approached Callendar.
2. The police inferred that they found her behaviour rather suspicious.
3. I wasn't going to demean myself by acting like a suspicious wife.
4. The report mentions the death of 18 people in suspicious circumstances.
5. Nottingham police last night found what they described as a suspicious package.
6. Tory-bashing or Labour-bashing will not be enough to shift bored, suspicious voters.