Since they discovered the truth about his background,his colleagues have regarded him with suspicion.
The behavior of the stranger aroused our suspicions.
～+ prep. -phrase
He is under suspicion of murder.
There was just a suspicion of light in the east.
I have a suspicion that he's right.
1. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to succeed.
2. He was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
3. Forensic evidence points the finger of suspicion firmly at him.
4. Whitlock silently cursed Graham for heaping more suspicion on him.
5. Scotland Yard had assured him he was not under suspicion.
6. We need to back that suspicion up with statistical proof.